- Dooley Downs Homestead: We were camping at the Mt Augustus Homestead site, my name is Dooley, and though there is no ... read story
- Ilkurlka Roadhouse: Permanently is open with diesel sales, basic groceries, local art works, wifii,, and public phone.... read story
- Kalkadoon Hotel: Kalkadoon was a tiny town with Hotel and Police Station 10km north west of Kajabbi on the track to ... read story
- Mount Cornish Marriage: My great grandfather, Robert Magenis married Frances Marrian Farlow at Mount Cornish on the 12th of Jan. 1888,... read story
- Iandra: Mount Oriel homestead (colloquially known as 'Iandra castle') was commissioned by George Henry Greene in the early 1900s. He ... read story
- Three Rivers Railway: In the 1920's gold was discovered in the Three Rivers locality. Railway construction was commenced to the locality from ... read story
- Australian-American Development Company: Australian-American was founded in the early 1960's by Ward Beman and Benjamin Dawson who acquired a portion of the old ... read story
- Newmarket Station: My father worked at Newmarket Station in 1948. There was a scheme in Sydney (where he lived) ... read story
Narrow the stories:
- click on a year
Stories currently narrowed to those about Homesteads.
Click here to show stories about all places
- click on a type of place
- City, Town or Village
- Forestry Reserve
- Lake or Dam
- Mountain or Hill
- Nature Conservation Reserve
- State or Territory
- River or Creek
- Reef or Fishing Spot
- Fish Attracting Device
- Suburb/Regional Area
- Weather Station
Occupied by and used for: (14 September 2011)
contributed by Canberrarocks
(contact Canberrarocks about this story)
Shirley and Bill (William) Sullivan have occupied Leander station for close on 60 years. Bill's father also called Bill occupied Leander prior to this. Leander is an 18,000+ acre working sheep farm with some cattle. There is a homestead as well as an older disused homestead along with shearer's quarters and shearing shed.
Bill and Shirley have left Leander due to health reasons and the property will be sold and split between two neighbours and will no longer exist as a property in its own right from October/November 2011.
This story was uploaded into the Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia entry for the Homestead 'Leander'.