- MinMin: The existence on min-min lights has been well known by "westerners" and for many years the cause of ... read story
- Our Home: For a couple of years our home breed cattle (Hereford) built saw mill cutting cypress pine and hard wood grew ... read story
- Recived stock from Chatsworth Station Qld: 1958 moved 1200 cows in calf (Zebu) from Chatsworth Station Boulia to Kynuna then onto Millungera Station via Julia ... read story
- Stock on the move: 1958 moved 1200 cows in calf (Zebu) to Kynuna then onto Millungera Station via Julia Creek Qld see book "... read story
- Paid for seven jobs: Mr. Lloyd hire me to do seven jobs in a week that went for a month or more 1 ... read story
- Closer to Town of Blackall: 1968 wife took ill at Blair Gowrie doctor wanted her closer to Blackall Sumnervale was own by the Howe family ... read story
- Just 17: 1957 found my self in Kynuna got a job working for John Markwell his parents own a sheep station called ... read story
- Malvern Hills "Blair Gowrie out Back": 1995 Just 25 wife Janice Hall (Greer) age 20 with our first child six months old work on Malvern Hills ... read story
Narrow the stories:
- click on a year
Stories currently narrowed to those about Homesteads.
Click here to show stories about all places
- click on a type of place
- City, Town or Village
- Forestry Reserve
- Lake or Dam
- Mountain or Hill
- Nature Conservation Reserve
- State or Territory
- River or Creek
- Reef or Fishing Spot
- Fish Attracting Device
- Suburb/Regional Area
- Weather Station
Occupied by and used for: (14 September 2011)
contributed by Canberrarocks
(contact Canberrarocks about this story)
Shirley and Bill (William) Sullivan have occupied Leander station for close on 60 years. Bill's father also called Bill occupied Leander prior to this. Leander is an 18,000+ acre working sheep farm with some cattle. There is a homestead as well as an older disused homestead along with shearer's quarters and shearing shed.
Bill and Shirley have left Leander due to health reasons and the property will be sold and split between two neighbours and will no longer exist as a property in its own right from October/November 2011.
This story was uploaded into the Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia entry for the Homestead 'Leander'.