- SPALFORD UNCOVERED: Simply a locality. Very quiet and pretty with Buttons creek running through the area. Agriculturally active and at ... read story
- kenny thornton stockman: my father Kenny worked on oorindi sheep station back in 1955 i have not met and he does not ... read story
- Meentheena Outcamp: This Outcamp was acquired as a lease from the Government of W.A. in 2010. It is now a ... read story
- Reid Township: My parents Lieselotte and Horst Kaletsch immigrated from Berlin, Germany in 1950/51. They were sent to the Nullabor ... read story
- Pound Keeper, Hookina, Sth Aust.: It is listed in the S.A. Archives Yearbook 1872, that my Greatx3 Grandfather, George Kite, ... read story
- Early Settlers Tarban Creek: I'm wondering if there is an Hawkesbury historian out there who may give me some information. I am ... read story
- Early Settlers - Tarban creek area: I'm trying every possible source in trying to find factual evidence of my ancestors who married in Villa Maria chapel ... read story
- Transport Old & New ~ Kimba: read story
Narrow the stories:
- click on a year
Stories currently narrowed to those about Localities.
Click here to show stories about all places
- click on a type of place
- City, Town or Village
- Forestry Reserve
- Lake or Dam
- Mountain or Hill
- Nature Conservation Reserve
- State or Territory
- River or Creek
- Reef or Fishing Spot
- Fish Attracting Device
- Suburb/Regional Area
- Weather Station
SPALFORD UNCOVERED (17 September 2014)
contributed by marlynn
(contact marlynn about this story)
Simply a locality. Very quiet and pretty with Buttons creek running through the area. Agriculturally active and at least one dairy in the area, no doubt more. A cattery resides at the corner of Castra Road and Clerke Plains Road. Olives and cherries in season at the farmgate.
The area is only about 8 to 10 mins from Ulverstone which is a great town with many facilities including schools, excellent caravan park, medium industrial activities, supermarkets, antique shops, doctors etc etc. Beautiful parks right alongside the Leven River.
This story was uploaded into the Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia entry for the Locality 'Spalford'.