- Reid Township: My parents Lieselotte and Horst Kaletsch immigrated from Berlin, Germany in 1950/51. They were sent to the Nullabor ... read story
- Pound Keeper, Hookina, Sth Aust.: It is listed in the S.A. Archives Yearbook 1872, that my Greatx3 Grandfather, George Kite, ... read story
- Early Settlers Tarban Creek: I'm wondering if there is an Hawkesbury historian out there who may give me some information. I am ... read story
- Early Settlers - Tarban creek area: I'm trying every possible source in trying to find factual evidence of my ancestors who married in Villa Maria chapel ... read story
- Transport Old & New ~ Kimba: read story
- lived in torrens creek: As a young girl of 4yrs was taken to live at Torrens Creek with my brother Raymond who was just ... read story
- The worst place in Cape York: In July 2013 we camped at Moreton Telegraph Station with our two children. From 8.30PM Moreton staff were ... read story
- Will Tyson: My great grandfather who was born in Maryport North Western England, came to the Victorian goldfields in 1864. Had ... read story
Narrow the stories:
- click on a year
Stories currently narrowed to those about Localities.
Click here to show stories about all places
- click on a type of place
- City, Town or Village
- Forestry Reserve
- Lake or Dam
- Mountain or Hill
- Nature Conservation Reserve
- State or Territory
- River or Creek
- Reef or Fishing Spot
- Fish Attracting Device
- Suburb/Regional Area
- Weather Station
Reid Township (12 January 2014)
contributed by RobertK
(contact RobertK about this story)
My parents Lieselotte and Horst Kaletsch immigrated from Berlin, Germany in 1950/51. They were sent to the Nullabor to work. My father (Horst) was employed as a fettler to carry out maintenance on the railway line.
I was born in Cook, SA., which is approximately 102 Kms inside the SA border and lived at Reid from 1954 until 1959.
Story by Robert Kaletsch.
This story was uploaded into the Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia entry for the Locality 'Reid'.