- Albany Rock: Albany Rock is an isolated rock, just to the east of Cape York. It is inaccessible other than by ... read story
- Cliffy Island Lighthouse.: My father was a lighthouse keeper on Cliffy from 1949 to 1951. There was 3 families living on the Island.... read story
- Point Ellen lighthouse: I was at Point Ellen during Easter 2011 and the rusty old lighthouse in these pictures has been replaced. Very ... read story
- Cape Bruny Lighthouse: Cape Bruny Lighthouse designed by the Colonial Civil Engineer and Architect John Lee Archer in 1835. read story
- Deal Island Lighthouse is in Tasmania: Deal Island Lighthouse is not in Victoria, but is in Tasmania. It is part of the Kent ... read story
Narrow the stories:
- click on a year
Stories currently narrowed to those about Lighthouses.
Click here to show stories about all places
- click on a type of place
- City, Town or Village
- Forestry Reserve
- Lake or Dam
- Mountain or Hill
- Nature Conservation Reserve
- State or Territory
- River or Creek
- Reef or Fishing Spot
- Fish Attracting Device
- Suburb/Regional Area
- Weather Station
Albany Rock (5 October 2013)
contributed by LindsayG
(contact LindsayG about this story)
Albany Rock is an isolated rock, just to the east of Cape York.
It is inaccessible other than by boat. There is nothing there except the light.
There is a helicopter pad which is intended for the sole use of the service mechanics.
This story was uploaded into the Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia entry for the Lighthouse 'Albany Rock Lighthouse'.
- add a story about Albany Rock Lighthouse: click here to add a story about Albany Rock Lighthouse
- info about Albany Rock Lighthouse: click here for the Bonzle entry on Albany Rock Lighthouse (open in new window)
- map of Albany Rock Lighthouse: click here for the Bonzle map of Albany Rock Lighthouse (open in new window)
- pictures of Albany Rock Lighthouse: click here for pictures of Albany Rock Lighthouse (open in new window)