- My Home: I live on one of the 2 properties that are classed as the Moppa Gold Fields. I have caught ... read story
- "THE TATE RIVER TIN MINES" Feb 16, 1892: ;The Brisbane Courier, Monday 29 February 1892 (Page 3) via Correspondent in Tate; FEB 16 1892 Since my last ... read story
- Origin of Moline Mining Area name: Northern Hercules was renamed after my grandfather, Arthur Howard Prichard Moline when it was being used as a processing ... read story
- exploration: The area was explored and tested by Federation Metals. Several shallow area's where a bulldozer has dug to about ... read story
- Great Grandfather: I know that my great grandfather -James Hurley was killed in a mining explosion at Shuttleton on the 27th. ... read story
- Recent Thalanga history: Mining ceased early in 2012 due to financial problems the mining company was having. The new Vomaka open ... read story
- Diggers Creek Prospect: There are 2 Mine Shafts near Diggers Creek that were sunk back in the early 1900,s and Tin Slushing ... read story
- Looking for Links to this mine: my father used to work at valley colliery number 1 plz contact me for more information read story
Narrow the stories:
- click on a year
Stories currently narrowed to those about Mines.
Click here to show stories about all places
- click on a type of place
- City, Town or Village
- Forestry Reserve
- Lake or Dam
- Mountain or Hill
- Nature Conservation Reserve
- State or Territory
- River or Creek
- Reef or Fishing Spot
- Fish Attracting Device
- Suburb/Regional Area
- Weather Station
My Home (12 August 2014)
contributed by Catzheppner
(contact Catzheppner about this story)
I live on one of the 2 properties that are classed as the Moppa Gold Fields. I have caught someone red handed before posting photo's of my property and how to get there and I have recently noticed more 'test sites' where small areas have been dug up by hand near small mine shafts. Foot prints have been present after heavy rains only 3 weeks ago, tell me the activity is recent.
I warn anybody if they venture onto private property off of the road, they are trespassing and if caught, consequences apply.
This story is not to be rude, or offensive but a mere warning.
This story was uploaded into the Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia entry for the Mine 'Moppa Goldfield Mine'.
- add a story about Moppa Goldfield Mine: click here to add a story about Moppa Goldfield Mine
- info about Moppa Goldfield Mine: click here for the Bonzle entry on Moppa Goldfield Mine (open in new window)
- map of Moppa Goldfield Mine: click here for the Bonzle map of Moppa Goldfield Mine (open in new window)