- Joyner's Lake Samsonvale: An important feature of Joyner is Lake Samsonvale, the eastern shore of which, forms the western boundary of ... read story
- WA's Convict Transportation Experience: When the colony of Western Australia - known as the Swan River Colony - was founded in 1829, there ... read story
- Leading Chauffeurs Services Melbourne - iChauffeur Australia: Drive the City in Style with iCHAUFFEUR AUSTRALIA iChauffeur Australia is a family owned business, with more than 20 ... read story
- 'Python' and the convict 'fence'.: My family moved into the Shelley district in the early 1960s when I was a teenager. In those days ... read story
- Macchi Memories: The Macchi jet trainer image in my series of pics taken in WA's Aviation Heritage Museum brings to mind a ... read story
- Escarpment Retreat & Day Spa - Tamborine Mountain: Where Heaven meets Earth The Escarpment Retreat & Day Spa on Mt Tamborine is an award-winning rainforest sanctuary set on ... read story
- Brendon Sneddon Plumbing and Gasfitting - Your Local Croydon Plumbers: Looking for a plumber or emergency plumbing services near the Croydon areas? Brendon Sneddon Plumbing and Gasfitting is the name ... read story
- Fish On Charters - Fishing Charters Victoria: Looking for Portland fishing charters to chase the tuna or sharks? Melbourne fishing charters for the snapper or squid? ... read story
Narrow the stories:
- click on a year
Stories currently narrowed to those about Suburbs/Regional Areas.
Click here to show stories about all places
- click on a type of place
- City, Town or Village
- Forestry Reserve
- Lake or Dam
- Mountain or Hill
- Nature Conservation Reserve
- State or Territory
- River or Creek
- Reef or Fishing Spot
- Fish Attracting Device
- Suburb/Regional Area
- Weather Station
Joyner's Lake Samsonvale (25 August 2016)
contributed by Joynerman
An important feature of Joyner is Lake Samsonvale, the eastern shore of which, forms the western boundary of the Joyner locality. The Lake is the impoundment for water supplies treated at North Pine Dam. This Dam supplies a good quantity of potable water to Brisbane City and the nearby localities forming part of the Moreton Bay Regional area.
Fishing is a popular activity from the Lake shore in designated areas, and a place has been set aside for non-motorized water sports as well. The Lake is regularly stocked with fish paid for by fishing licensing.
Joyner is a pleasant place to live. There are quite a few rural residential sized properties as well a suburban style dwellings. There are ample parks and reserves with plenty of bush land.
Short drives of only about fifteen minutes can take residents to any of four railway stations located on the main North Coast railway line running North/South to the east of Joyner. Very convenient for getting to the State capital Brisbane, or for travelling north.
All in all, a great place to live.
This story was uploaded into the Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia entry for the Suburb/Regional Area 'Joyner'.