Located on a basalt cliff at the junction of the Einasleigh and Copper lode rivers about 1 km from the present railway station,the deposit was discovered by Richard Daintree and was known as the Lynd copper mine. It is not known when the mine closed but was described by the Qld Govt geologist RL Jack as not working in 1898. in 1901 The Einasleigh freehold mines Ltd smelted101 tonnes of copper and 1300 oz of silver from 1090 tonnes of ore. The mine was purchased by the Chillagoe company in 1911 and ore was railled from site to the smelter at chillagoe. The operation closed in C.1919.
The main shaft of approx 235 M depth had 6 levels.
The mine was reopened in the early 1970 s by Interior Explorations Ltd and the shaft made operational however no mining was carried out.
The Shaft Collar was re-established in 2007 by the current leaseholder, Copper Strike Ltd who have established reserves of Copper and other base metals in the area surrounding Einasleigh. the remaining reserves of high grade copper will be used to "sweeten" lower grade materials from the other prospect areas when mining commences