Page 1 of 1 pages
(1 pictures)
Picture relating to Kingaroy - titled 'Section of Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy, including a bank, saddlers and Schellbach, the photographers, ca. 1916'

Section of Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy, including a bank, saddlers and Schellbach, the photographers, ca. 1916

contributed by QldPics, taken in 1916
(contact QldPics about this picture)


Script under photograph reads: Kingaroy - Before Fire. Large fire in 1920.

Settled in the 1870s by the Markwell brothers, Kingaroy expanded when the railway came through in the 1890s. It was traditionally known as a centre for growing peanuts and navy beans but since the 1990s it has become the centre for an important wine growing region in the South Burnett area. (Information taken from South Burnett tourism website, 2002-2006, retrieved 3 July 2007 from

This picture is also part of the following Bonzle photo collections: