Page 1 of 1 pages
(8 pictures)
Picture relating to Canungra - titled 'Locomotive of the Canungra Pine Creek Tramway, ca. 1915'
Picture relating to Canungra - titled 'Queensland Ambulance Transport Brigade at Canungra, ca. 1915'
Picture relating to Stanthorpe - titled 'Livingston's Orchard at Stanthorpe, ca. 1915'
Picture relating to Stanthorpe - titled 'Bogged cart in High Street, Stanthorpe, 1915'
Picture relating to Stanthorpe - titled 'Women observing the operation of a tin sluice at a mine in Stanthorpe, 1915'
Picture relating to Stanthorpe - titled 'Stanthorpe Show Society members outside the Secretary's office, 1915'
Picture relating to Stanthorpe - titled 'Crowds at the Stanthorpe showgrounds, ca. 1915'
Picture relating to Brisbane - titled 'Isles Love & Co building, Adelaide Street, Brisbane, ca.1915'

Sort the collection:

Narrow the collection:

Collection currently narrowed to the year 1915.
Click here to show pictures for all years

- click on a year

Collection currently narrowed to pictures of Cities, Towns and Villages.
Click here to show pictures for all places

- click on a type of place

Locomotive of the Canungra Pine Creek Tramway, ca. 1915

contributed by QldPics, taken in 1915
(contact QldPics about this picture)

The Climax locamotive was the first engine used on the Canrunga-Pine Creek line, it started to run on 1st September 1903. Ordered from the USA in 1900, it was produced by the Climax Manufacturing Company of Corry, Pennsylvania.It was the first geared engine imported to Australia. The Class B Climax engine was invented by Charles Darwin Scott. (Information taken from the Climax Locomotive History website retrieved 13 May 2005 from This photograph is of the Climax crossing a low wooden bridge hauling two bogies loaded with logs

This picture is also part of the following Bonzle photo collections: