Page 1 of 22 pages
(344 pictures)
Picture relating to Arthur River - titled 'Arthur River Heritage Precinct'
Picture relating to Arthur River - titled 'Arthur River Heritage Precinct'
Picture relating to Peranga - titled 'Peranga'
Picture relating to Tarnagulla - titled 'Tarnagulla'
Picture relating to Wallendbeen - titled 'Milestones at Wallendbeen'
Picture relating to Ideraway - titled 'Upside down bridge'
Picture relating to Montville - titled 'St. Mary's hall'
Picture relating to Benarkin - titled 'Benarkin'
Picture relating to Border Loop - titled 'Border Loop'
Picture relating to Eurong - titled 'Eurong Beach Resort-1971'
Picture relating to Kirrama Range - titled 'Kirrama Range'
Picture relating to Saraji - titled 'Saraji Mine QGR Project Peak Downs'
Picture relating to Saraji - titled 'Saraji Mine QGR Project Peak Downs'
Picture relating to Saraji - titled 'Saraji Mine QGR Project Peak Downs'
Picture relating to Saraji - titled 'Saraji Mine QGR Project Peak Downs'
Picture relating to Saraji - titled 'Saraji Mine QGR Project Peak Downs'

Browse by page:

- select a page range

    Sort the collection:

    Narrow the collection:

    - click on a year

    Collection currently narrowed to pictures of Localities.
    Click here to show pictures for all places

    - click on a type of place

    Arthur River Heritage Precinct

    contributed by GerryRyder, taken on 28 September 2015
    (contact GerryRyder about this picture | see more pictures from GerryRyder - open in new window)

    John Cronin arrived in the Swan River Colony in 1855, aged 14. In 1869 he built the Arthur River Inn at the halfway point on the then difficult journey between Perth and Albany. Due to the sparse population of the district, the inn served not only for travellers, but also as a focal point for locals. Later in 1934, the Trimming family demolished the inn and used the stone to help construct the nearby Arthur River Hall. The inn's kitchen remains. It had been built separate from the inn itself to reduce the risk of possible fire affecting the accommodation. There was no running water. It was drawn from a nearby well. One of the oldest buildings still standing on Albany Highway, the nicely restored kitchen building strongly reflects 19th century pioneer construction styles.

    This picture is also part of the following Bonzle photo collections: