Page 1 of 40 pages
(639 pictures)
Picture relating to Gundagai - titled 'Gundagai  Dog on the Tucker box'
Picture relating to Muswellbrook - titled 'Muswellbrook  Blue Heeler Momument'
Picture relating to Glen Innes - titled 'Glen Innes Grand Central Hotel'
Picture relating to Crows Nest - titled 'Crows Nest'
Picture relating to Crows Nest - titled 'Crows Nest'
Picture relating to Bathurst Island - titled 'Bathurst Island'
Picture relating to Mingenew - titled 'Mingenew'
Picture relating to Gisborne - titled 'Gisborne'
Picture relating to Cloncurry - titled 'Cloncurry'
Picture relating to Cloncurry - titled 'Cloncurry'
Picture relating to Buaraba - titled 'Cattle Muster at Box Gully yards, Buaraba.'
Picture relating to Buaraba - titled 'Cattle Muster at Box Gully yards, Buaraba'
Picture relating to Buaraba - titled 'Cattle Work, Buaraba'
Picture relating to Buaraba - titled 'Cattle Muster Smoko, Buaraba'
Picture relating to Wyandotte - titled 'Wyandotte'
Picture relating to Allora - titled 'Allora'

Browse by page:

- select a page range

    Sort the collection:

    Narrow the collection:

    - click on a year

    - click on a type of place

    Gundagai Dog on the Tucker box

    contributed by Bluedog, taken on 6 August 2014
    (contact Bluedog about this picture | see more pictures from Bluedog - open in new window)

    The Dog on the Tuckerbox is an Australian historical monument and tourist attraction, located at Snake Gully, five miles (8 km) from Gundagai, New South Wales. The dog section of the monument was cast in bronze by 'Oliver's Foundry' Sydney and its base sculpted by Gundagai stonemason Frank Rusconi. It was unveiled by the then Prime Minister of Australia Joseph Lyons on 28 November 1932 as a tribute to pioneers. The statue was inspired by a bullock drover's poem, Bullocky Bill, which celebrates the life of an allegorical drover's dog that loyally guarded the man's tuckerbox

    This picture is also part of the Bonzle Statues (open in new window) photo collection.